Five ways to leverage social media for small businesses in 2021
There’s no doubt about it: social media is an inexpensive and effective way to market your business, regardless of size. If you are a small business owner and are not leveraging social media to grow your business, you are most certainly missing out on revenue, clients, and visibility. Here are some numbers and stats for you to consider:
1. YouTube has over 2 billion users worldwide, 79% of internet users have a YouTube account, and perhaps most tellingly- 8 out of 10 marketers consider YouTube the most effective marketing platform for businesses.
2. Facebook has over 2.6 billion monthly active users on Facebook alone in 2020- 1.73 billion of which say they visit on a daily basis.
3. Instagram has 854 million users, up nearly 100 million from 2019. It is also the only exclusively hand-held social media.
Why is it important?
Despite all this, incredibly, only 9% of small businesses utilize social media to market and advertise their businesses. The only possible explanations for this are a lack of knowledge, skepticism, or simply being overwhelmed and unsure where to begin.
What are our top ways to leverage social media for small businesses in 2021?
1. Consider which platform(s) are right for YOUR business. Social media allows you to target specific audiences based on a never-ending list of criteria; location, age, gender, online behavior, etc. Know your audience and know your platforms; Twitter, for example, is excellent for short updates and customer service, but it is not a visual platform. On the opposite end, Pinterest is highly visual and probably best for niche, boutique businesses.
2. Have a plan. Don’t wing it! Users are increasingly savvy and very accustomed to social media- you should be too! Have a game plan, and be clear and concise in your goals and methods.
3. Build trust and relationships Social media is an opportunity to connect and communicate directly with your audience; listen, don’t sell. Be authentic, be yourself, and foster clients for life.
4. Quality over quantity. It’s a crowded marketplace, stand out from the crowd. Users are bombarded with ads and companies climbing over themselves to sell them something. Be memorable for the effectiveness of your content rather than the volume of your content.
5. Remain ACTIVE, available, and approachable. Whilst it is essential to focus on quality over quantity concerning the content, it is equally if not more important to remain active and visible at all times on social media. Your clients and potential future clients are always watching. Be shared, re-tweeted, or ‘go viral’ for the right reasons.
Even armed with these pro tips, it can be an overwhelming experience starting and, more importantly, maintaining your social media presence; there really is no substitute for professional expertise. Allow us to help.
How the Creagency can help your small business?
The Creagency is the leading marketing agency in Reston, VA, and provides bespoke social media management for small business owners. Social media is a relatively new marketplace. Many older business owners may not be on social media at all, and even those that are will be relative novices when it comes to using it to promote their small business. The Creagency is the leader in social media management in Reston, VA. We are experts at building and maintaining a robust, visible, and creative social media profile, allowing you to tap into this vast and lucrative resource
We are a premier digital marketing agency serving small businesses